F&M Bank Winchester/Frederick County Scholarship
F&M Bank Corp is a publicly traded financial institution headquartered in the Shenandoah Valley with a network spanning the I-81 corridor from Winchester to Waynesboro and beyond. F&M’s banking, mortgage, title, and wealth services are truly local, with loans helping to build Valley businesses and deposits remaining here, supporting our communities. Since 1908, F&M Bank has been grateful to play a part in the stewardship of academics and the growth of Virginia’s economy. Today it remains more committed than ever to the success of our neighbors, the agricultural industry, small business ventures, and the nonprofit sector.
The scholarship award may be applied toward tuition, fees, and/or books and will be divided equally between two semesters. Satisfactory academic progress must be maintained in order for the recipient to receive the award for the second semester. To be eligible to receive the award for the spring semester, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the fall semester.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Must complete a scholarship application and federal aid application(FAFSA)
- Be enrolled as a full- or part-time student at Laurel Ridge Community College
- Must demonstrate academic merit by having and maintaining at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be a Frederick County or Winchester City resident
- Preference to students in Business Administration
- Preference to students interested in finance/accounting
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Laurel Ridge Community College financial aid office.