Anna Phelan Dawson Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Anna Phelan Dawson. Anna, despite being very young when she passed away, made a strong impact on the Dawson family, and they want to keep her memory alive through support to Laurel Ridge Community College.This scholarship will be established to support first generation students as well as students with unexpected financial need.
The scholarship award may be applied toward tuition, fees, books, or other educational or program related expenses.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Must complete a scholarship application and the federal aid application (FAFSA)
- Must be a full-time or part-time student at Laurel Ridge Community College
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Laurel Ridge Community College Financial Aid Office
- Preference is given to first generation students
- Preference is given to students with unexpected financial need
- Preference is given to students from Warren County, Shenandoah County, and Page County