Ann and Dick Wiltshire Memorial Endowed Scholarship
In memory of their parents, John and Irene Rooney and Richard and Margaret Wiltshire, this scholarship is established in 2011 in order to offer financial assistance to local students, enhancing their educational opportunities. Each of these individuals understood the value of education and was supportive of such endeavors for their children and others outside of immediate family. Their support included teaching, transporting children, and working in administration for Virginia county schools. This Scholarship was established in their honor and in an effort to pass forward their love for and commitment to learning for generations to come.
The scholarship award may be applied toward tuition, fees and/or books and will be divided equally between two semesters. To be eligible to receive the award for the spring semester, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the fall semester.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Must complete a scholarship application
- Must be a full-time and/or part-time student
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Must be enrolled in a health professions, education, or business program
- Must live in the locality of Frederick County, Fauquier County, or City of Winchester
- Must be a first-generation college student
- Must demonstrate financial need